Tuesday 14 June 2011

Teenager Forshaw signs new deal with Everton

Following last month's news that teenagers James Wallace and Aristote Nsiala have signed new contracts with Everton, midfielder Adam Forshaw has also penned a new deal. The winger made his debut towards the latter end of last season in the 3-0 win over Wolves after some impressive performances for the reserves that included a wonder-goal against Liverpool.

On signing the new deal, Forshaw told evertonfc.com "I just want to keep improving, play every game for the reserves and hopefully start making the first team squad a bit more often.

"From there you can maybe get on the pitch a bit more, pick up those bits and pieces and keep pushing on. You don't just burst on through, it is not like that, but if you keep working at it and playing for the reserves then you can do it gradually.

"Getting on at Molineux was a great feeling. It is what you work every day for. I was a bit nervous but once I got out there and had my first touch I really enjoyed it.

"We had a lot of injuries around that time so I had an idea I might be on the bench, but to actually get on was fantastic. Also, later in the season when all the players were back it was pleasing to stay on the bench for games like Chelsea at home."

The 19-year-old was hampered by injury at the start of last season and admitted that he was unsure over his future.

"Things were uncertain. I had an injury and things did not start so well for me. Towards the end of the season I played more games and scored some goals but I still wasn't quite sure which way it would go and I am obviously over the moon to be signing.

"I have been here since I was eight and every year has been better and better. The Club is everything and is all I have known since that age.

"At the start of last season I wasn't getting a regular game for the reserves. I knew within myself that I wasn't doing well enough and made an effort to change that.

"Thankfully the second half of the season was brilliant with me playing all the time for the reserves and making a few first team squads. That was fantastic for my confidence and it gives you the belief you can keep getting better.

"I am really made up to sign – to get that bit of security again – and it is another chance for me to show what I can do."

No comments:

Post a Comment