Friday 17 June 2011

McAleny Latest to Sign New Contract

18 year-old forward Conor McAleny has today put pen to paper and signed a professional deal with Everton.

The youngster is the latest to be awarded a new contract, after Adam Forshaw, James Wallace, Aristote Nsiala, John Lundstram and Tyias Browning all signed new deals in recent weeks.

McAleny joined Everton at the age of 11 and in 2008 the pacy striker became a full-time scholar. He was named as a substitute for the home fixture against Aston Villa last season due to a lengthy first-team injury list, but is yet to make his senior Everton debut. He also played a large role in helping the Everton under-18 side to win the national league title back in May.

The deal is a one-year extension and so will keep McAleny at Everton until June 2012. He told evertonfc.com "I'm buzzing to have signed a new contract, I just need to get my head down this season and hopefully I'll be rewarded with getting on the bench or maybe even getting on the pitch.

"I was on the bench last season which was a great experience and I learnt a lot from those two games. I've picked up loads this season and it's really helped me to progress.

"Stubbsy (Alan Stubbs, reserve team coach) has been great and so has Taff (Andy Holden, reserve team manager), they were both defenders so they can help me with what defenders don't like."

No comments:

Post a Comment