Sunday 29 May 2011

Silly Season in full swing

The 'silly season' that is the transfer window has most definitely kicked in now as we find ourselves linked with all sorts of players. No doubt come August we will not have signed any of them, with Moyes instead choosing to sign a teenager who's done moderately well in the second division of some obscure Eastern European nation.

We can still get our hopes up though and each time the 'breaking news' ticker comes along onto the Sky Sports News screen, we'll perk up in anticipation that the impending line will mention us in some capacity.

Although, if you hear the name of Juan Roman Riquelme in the same sentence as Everton, it's pretty safe to say that it's not going to happen.

One piece of business has already been confirmed though, with 22-year-old striker James Vaughan moving to Norwich City for an undisclosed fee, believed to be around £2.5 million. The youngster, who had been at Everton since the age of 6, has had terrible luck with injuries during his time at Goodison. It always seemed that just as he started to show his talent, he suffered an injury setback. I remember the injury he picked up against Bolton in 2007, just after hitting a fine run of form.

He does, however, has time very much on his side, and has a great opportunity to play Premier League football with newly-promoted Norwich. On Norwich's official website, Vaughan said:

"Of course it was hard to leave Everton, I've been there since I was six and have always been there but now it was time for me to move on and try and get some games elsewhere and I'm pleased that I've signed for Norwich."

And on his Twitter page, Vaughan added:

"I would like 2 thank every1 at everton for all they have done 4 me over the years! I will always love the club and the people there!

I'm sure I speak on behalf of all Blues when I wish Vaughany the best of luck at Norwich - I just hope he doesn't net against us. He's better off saving them for the red sh*te.

As for rumours I don't really want to comment as I prefer to wait until it's confirmed by the club, but various sources say that we are interested in, amongst others, Jay Bothroyd, Joey Barton and Miroslav Klose. Make of that what you will, but I'll reserve my judgement until they hold up the royal blue shirt outside Finch Farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment